Here is our feedback on the trip:
- Great accommodations in all cities – Hotels had good locations, were clean and provided good service. The only exception was the hotel at Aguas Calientes which was directly across the street from a bar that played extremely loud music till very late at night, making it very difficult to sleep. The meals provided were well planned and gave us a good taste of the local flavors. The lunch at Trujillo was especially nice, with delicious food and a gorgeous view of the Pacific Ocean.
- Good location of accommodations with respect to sight-seeing. Almost every hotel was within easy walking distance to sites and/or places to eat.
- Transportation was great whether it be air or land. No problems with any flights, and all the drivers were awesome in getting us where we needed to go, both carefully and timely.
- Guides, all other guides went out of their way to make sure we were taken care of and made sure if there was something else that we wanted to do or see, that it was included. For Bret finding a specific shirt in Cusco and for Bill being able to go to the Hard Rock Café in Lima. Juan (Sacred Valley and Cusco) was a particularly outstanding guide. He was very knowledgeable about the sites we visited, was enthusiastic about what he was doing, and was very likable. He went out of his way to assist us in finding things we wanted and enabled us to see the Pisac ruins in addition to the Pisac market.
- Colca Canyon – Based on the information we received before arriving in Peru, we were under the impression there would be time to see the canyon, but due to actual timing with the way our itinerary was put together (some of it our fault), the guide indicated and verified that it was not possible. We would have liked to have seen the canyon, but understood the circumstances. We just would like to suggest that when an itinerary is being put together that if there is a slim chance of seeing something, that it be conveyed.
Our experience with your company was wonderful, we will not hesitate to recommend Kuoda to others and if we are in the area again, we will certainly seek out your services.