Get under the skin of Bolivia and delve into the unique altiplano culture. Find out how local islanders live on the world’s highest navigable lake before retiring to stay on one of the Lake Titicaca islands overnight. Learn about lost civilizations at Tiahuanaco, an archaeological site that is considered to be the Cradle of American Civilization, and survey the strange offerings of La Paz’s famous witches’ market where piles of shriveled lama fetuses sit alongside powders, plants, remedies and potions. Glimpse the spiritual side of this mystical destination during your custom Bolivia tour!
- Visit some of Bolivia’s off the beaten track destinations.
- Learn about local life during community visits.
- Immerse amongst the curious wares at La Paz’s witches’ market.
- Travel via private hydrofoil around Lake Titicaca’s famous islands.
- Go stargazing at Alajpacha Native Observatory and get a lesson on Aymara cosmology.
- Spend the night on Lake Titicaca’s Moon Island and enjoy views of the jagged peaks of the Cordillera Real mountain range.
- See pyramids, monuments and stone sculptures at the ancient pre-Inca center of Tiahuanaco.
- Observe unusual creatures and rare species in their natural habitat.
- Stay at a range of luxury accommodations at every Bolivia destination.
Itinerary at a Glance
Day 1: Arrival in La Paz – Welcome to Bolivia
Day 2: Lake Titicaca – La Paz / Sun Island
Day 3: Lake Titicaca – Sun Island
Day 4: Tiahuanaco – Cradle of American Civilization
Day 5: La Paz to Home – Return Home
DAY 1: Arrival in La Paz
Welcome to Bolivia
This tour begins, like most luxury Bolivia tours, in the dramatically set city of La Paz. After a meet and greet with your Kuoda host at the airport, they will escort you to your hotel of choice.
Once you’ve settled in, embark on a guided city tour of La Paz with an expert guide. You’ll go to the Indian Market and to the intriguing Witches’ Market, where local healers sell all kinds of potions and items for use in ceremonial rituals, including shriveled-up llama fetuses. Later, we’ll head outside the city limits to the boulder-strewn, bone-dry Valley of the Moon, south of the city.
DAY 2: Lake Titicaca
La Paz / Sun Island
After breakfast, set off to Lake Titicaca. Board a catamaran and sail to the Island of the Sun, the legendary birthplace of the Inca people. You’ll mingle with the locals and stop by the archaeological museum to learn about unfamiliar ways of living. Back on the catamaran, enjoy dinner and watch a cultural show before settling into your comfortable cabin.
DAY 3: Lake Titicaca
Uncover Inca secrets at the Sun Island’s ancient stairways and the Sacred Fountain, which is said to bequeath eternal youth and happiness. You’ll also learn about local traditions at a cultural complex and take a trip on a traditional boat made entirely from reeds.
Eat lunch back on board the cruiser as you journey toward the port of Chua. Then enjoy scenic views from the window of the bus on your return journey to La Paz.
DAY 4: Tiahuanaco
Cradle of American Civilization
Following breakfast, we’ll leave for a guided tour of Tiahuanaco, an ancient city that many consider to be the cradle of American civilization. This society flourished around 700 A.D., many centuries before the Incas rose to prominence, though little is known about the ancient people who lived here. Many historians now believe that this civilization’s downfall may have been triggered by climate change. Today, the site is full of imposing stone monuments, such as the great pyramid, the Sun Gate and the as-yet-unexplained monoliths.
Later, return to La Paz where you will have free time to explore the city at your leisure.
DAY 5: La Paz to Home
Your Kuoda host will ensure a timely transfer to the airport for your international flight home.
Remember, this Bolivia tour itinerary is totally flexible and can be adjusted in any way you see fit. Contact a Kuoda consultant to arrange your perfect Bolivia travel experience.
- Practice meditation during a private session with a shaman.
- Get a bird’s eye view of La Paz from the city’s sky-high cable car system.
- Meet artisans and artists in their workshops.
- Dine al fresco amid nature’s beauty with gourmet picnics that include proper table settings, glassware, a professional waiter and exquisitely prepared local dishes.
- Personalized itinerary planning: Work with a Kuoda Travel Designer to create the Bolivia tour of your dreams.
- Kuoda hosts take the hassle out of traveling. They’ll be there to assist you – whether with luggage, check in, transport or translating – at every destination during your private Bolivia tour.
- Got a question or query? Kuoda operate a 24-hour, seven day a week customer service operation and can provide updates and assistance whenever you need it.
- With Kuoda, you’ll never be bundled in with big groups; each visit, activity, tour and experience will be completely private and conducted by your very own expert, English-speaking guide.
- Our custom Bolivia tours are fully flexible, which means we can modify them to suit your travel mood. So if you want to cut an activity or add on a new one, just say the word!
- All necessary adventure and trekking equipment will be provided so all you need bring is yourself.
- Receive a customized Kuoda Travel kit upon arrival.
Our staff handpicks the best hotels in Bolivia to ensure you get ultimate comfort and character during your stay.
Talk to a Kuoda Travel expert and learn more about the type of accommodations that will suit best during your custom Bolivia tour.
An exemplary way for any adventure seeking traveler to experience the best of the Andes! This sample Bolivia tour itinerary is just the way for you to get inspired.
Please know you can change or modify these tours however you deem necessary as all Kuoda itineraries are crafted just for you, to suit your individual interests and schedules. Interest in getting this trip completely customized?
The price is customized based on final accommodation choices, travel dates, and other custom preferences.
Get In Touch
Creating enriching and unforgettable travel experiences is our passion, so when our story happens to be about you, having a dedicated Travel Designer can make all the difference when creating your own personalized Bolivia tour. Reach out to one of our team members and we will be happy to help you!
Most vacation memories quickly dissipate in the face of routine, but remarkable travel experiences hover in the back of the mind forever. With Kuoda’s private tours to Ecuador, Bolivia and Peru, we create meaningful memories that stick…
Yachay: Kuoda's Blog
Whether traveling on your own or with family and friends, a trip with Kuoda will never come short of being 100% personalized. Here you’ll find useful tips, travel news and experiences to get the most out as you discover this region.