- Visit some of Bolivia’s off the beaten track destinations.
- Learn about local life during community visits.
- Immerse amongst the curious wares at La Paz’s witches’ market.
- Travel via private hydrofoil around Lake Titicaca’s famous islands.
- Go stargazing at Alajpacha Native Observatory and get a lesson on Aymara cosmology.
- Spend the night on Lake Titicaca’s Moon Island and enjoy views of the jagged peaks of the Cordillera Real mountain range.
- See pyramids, monuments and stone sculptures at the ancient pre-Inca center of Tiahuanaco.
- Observe unusual creatures and rare species in their natural habitat.
- Stay at a range of luxury accommodations at every Bolivia destination.
This tour begins, like most luxury Bolivia tours, in the dramatically set city of La Paz. After a meet and greet with your Kuoda host at the airport, they will escort you to your hotel of choice.Once you’ve settled in, embark on a guided city tour of La Paz with an expert guide. You’ll go to the Indian Market and to the intriguing Witches’ Market, where local healers sell all kinds of potions and items for use in ceremonial rituals, including shriveled-up llama fetuses. Later, we’ll head outside the city limits to the boulder-strewn, bone-dry Valley of the Moon, south of the city.
After breakfast, set off to Lake Titicaca. Board a catamaran and sail to the Island of the Sun, the legendary birthplace of the Inca people. You’ll mingle with the locals and stop by the archaeological museum to learn about unfamiliar ways of living. Back on the catamaran, enjoy dinner and watch a cultural show before settling into your comfortable cabin.
Uncover Inca secrets at the Sun Island’s ancient stairways and the Sacred Fountain, which is said to bequeath eternal youth and happiness. You’ll also learn about local traditions at a cultural complex and take a trip on a traditional boat made entirely from reeds.
Eat lunch back on board the cruiser as you journey toward the port of Chua. Then enjoy scenic views from the window of the bus on your return journey to La Paz.
Following breakfast, we’ll leave for a guided tour of Tiahuanaco, an ancient city that many consider to be the cradle of American civilization. This society flourished around 700 A.D., many centuries before the Incas rose to prominence, though little is known about the ancient people who lived here. Many historians now believe that this civilization’s downfall may have been triggered by climate change. Today, the site is full of imposing stone monuments, such as the great pyramid, the Sun Gate and the as-yet-unexplained monoliths.
Later, return to La Paz where you will have free time to explore the city at your leisure.
Your Kuoda host will ensure a timely transfer to the airport for your international flight home.
Remember, this Bolivia tour itinerary is totally flexible and can be adjusted in any way you see fit. Contact a Kuoda consultant to arrange your perfect Bolivia travel experience.
- Personalized itinerary planning
- A Kuoda host to assist you in every location
- The majority of meals in the itinerary
- Daily activities and excursions as indicated in the itinerary
- International flights to and from your home country
- Travel insurance
- Meals not specified
- All gratuities
- Our staff handpicks the best hotels to ensure you get ultimate comfort and character during your stay.
- Talk with your Kuoda Travel expert to help find the right hotels for you during your personalized luxury tour.
Related Bolivia Tours
Our team of luxury travel specialists that have more than 30+ years of knowledge within South America’s travel industry. Our local insight of South America’s most inspiring places is unrivaled.