We are back at work and still reliving our vacation through the stories of our trip! Thank you so much for organizing such a wonderful trip.
Highlights of our trip:
- The Rainforest: what an adventure! Our guide Jaime was incredible making the jungle come alive as well as keeping us safe. Loved seeing the monkey’s swing from tree to tree! Although I hate spiders, it was very cool to see a tarantula up close and personal. The accommodations where wonderful and we met so really nice people.
- Sacred Valley: our guide Ofelia and driver Luis were fantastic! More like family than guides, they welcomed us into Peru through their eyes. Every day was better than the last. Really found the salt ponds incredible! Loved the lunch at your friend’s house!!! That was a REAL highlight! Such wonderful people and the lunch was so yummy! One of our best meals.
- Machu Picchu: WoW! What can you say! El Mapi was very nice, modern and wonderful staff. Agua Calientes was a cute little town. Enjoyed wandering around in the evening.
- Cusco: Such a beautiful city! Great food, wonderful plazas, and enjoyed the less modern feel. It was so nice to walk around at night and enjoyed the sounds of the city.
- Lima: Dinner for my birthday at Astrid y Gaston was amazing. The service was excellent and the food ……wow!
- The personal attention by Kuoda Travel: Bringing me a birthday cake at the hotel. Calling every day to see how our day was and if he could help with anything. You calling to wish me a happy birthday, Ofelia and Luis….making each day better than the last! A+ in my book!
My biggest highlight of the trip was Peru itself. I came to Peru for Machu Picchu. What we found was an incredible country with more to offer than I had known. The people of Peru are warm, kind and happy! Made me realize how I take things for granted at home and gave me a more profound appreciation for all that I have in my life. I am lucky to have the means to travel and see the world. I am even more blessed to have made new friends in Peru and will carry the memories in my heart for years to come!!!
Thank you so much for a wonderful trip!!! A true vacation of a lifetime!